About Shield of Sparta
Shield of Sparta by Pragmatic Play is one in a long line of Greek-warrior-themed slots.
Graphically, it doesn’t stand out too much from the crowd, with all the usual battleships, helmets, swords, and fierce soldiers that we have come to expect from the genre.
So, what does Shield of Sparta has to offer to slot players besides the generic theme and visuals?
Turns out not all that much.
It’s volatile but doesn’t have an impressive max win (3,000 times the bet).
There is a free spins bonus with a mystery multiplier, which loses its shine after a few rounds.
And the respin feature, in which scatters are held for an extra chance to win the free spins bonus, is all smoke and mirrors. You either win the feature or you don’t.
If you get the feeling by now that Shield of Sparta seems a bit unnecessary, you are 100% correct.
It’s not that it’s bad. It’s not that good, either.
Shield of Sparta RTP
Above all, CasinoWizard refuses to play online slots at any payout level below the best possible option.
So, the first thing we always do is check the RTP configurations.
Shield of Sparta has been released in three payout setups: 94.50%, 95.50%, and 96.50%.
The difference between the highest- and lowest RTP configuration is no less than 2%, so it makes sense to seek out a casino that offers the slot at 96.50%.
What is the best Shield of Sparta casino?
We have done your homework for you and located several reliable parties that offer this slot in the best-paying version.
Take your pick from any of the listed casinos.
Gameplay and features
The game is played on a 5 x 3 grid, with 20 fixed paylines.
Betting starts at $/€0.20 and goes up to $/€100 per spin.
Here is a rundown of the main features:
- High variance (5 out of 5 on Pragmatic Play’s volatility scale.)
- Greek Warriors are wild and substitute all symbols except scatters.
- Premium symbols pay between 15 to 25 times the stake for five-of-a-kind.
- Landing two scatters (regular or magnetic) triggers a free respin, with scatters held.
- Three or more scatters award the free spins bonus.
- Positions where the scatters landed are highlighted.
- Whenever a scatter lands on a highlighted position, the level increases (max level is 3.)
- Magnetic scatters create magnetic positions, which nudge scatters toward them.
- All wins during the free spins are accumulated.
- At the end of the free spins, all positions reveal a multiplier.
- The higher the level, the higher the possible multiplier.
- All multipliers are summed and multiply the total accumulated winnings.
Free spins occur, on average, once every 125 spins.
CasinoWizard’s verdict: 2 out of 5 stars
The rather bland gameplay and linear free spins bonus don’t really live up to the heroic Spartan theme.
Don’t expect to break the bank with big wins, either; the max win is capped at a modest 3,000x the stake.
Your odds of bringing home the max win are 1 in 7,705,000 spins.
Find more high-RTP slots
|Title:||Shield of Sparta|
|Theme:||War and violence|
|RTP:||94.50% | 95.50% | 96.50%|