About Razor Returns
Slot sequels are all the rage these days and maybe, just maybe we are getting to the point where there are too many new online slots being released.
That doesn’t take away anything though from the feeling that some classic, high-quality slots are entirely worthy of getting the “sequel” treatment. Razor Shark is such a slot. Its high variance, explosive nudging mystery reels action took the world by storm and was the first Push Gaming slot that truly showed its creative capabilities. Hardcore gamblers loved the max win potential and low rollers loved the fact that they could scoop enormous wins on small bets.
Razor Returns is the long-awaited aquatic-adventure sequel to Razor Shark and has improved on the original on all fronts:
- Improved graphics
- 5 Bonus Buy options and a Gamble Feature
- “Push Bet” option
- Extra special Razor Reveal features
Buckle up, there is a lot to talk about!
Razor Returns RTP
You never know what is lurking in the dark seas underneath, and the same goes for the Return to Player that drives the slot’s mathematics.
On the surface, all versions of Razor Returns look the same, but when you dive a little deeper, you may be unpleasantly surprised by the game’s payback percentage.
Razor Returns comes in five RTP settings: 88.83%, 90.55%, 94.49%, 95.40%, and 96.55%.
What is the best Razor Returns casino?
To avoid giving away more margin to the casino than absolutely necessary, we advise you to only play this slot at an online casino that offers the 96.55% RTP version.
Playing anything lower is not doing your bankroll any favors.
We have selected several trustworthy and reliable online casinos that offer Razor Returns in the 96.55% configuration. You will find these casinos at the top of this review.
Gameplay and features
Razor Returns is a high-variance slot that is played on a 5×5 game panel and has 40 fixed paylines.
Betting starts at 0.10 and goes up to 100 per spin. Given the game’s extraordinarily high max win of 100,000x the bet, there is a good chance that most online casinos will cap the max bet to a lower amount.
You can activate an Ante Bet of 10% to increase the odds of triggering the free spins.
Other features include:
- Premium symbols pay 2.5 to 7.5 times the base bet for 5OAK.
- Wilds substitute all symbols except scatters and pay 12.5 times the bet for 5OAK.
- Mystery symbols activate the Nudge & Reveal Feature.
- During the Nudge & Reveal feature, mystery symbols will nudge toward the bottom of the screen and reveal mystery symbols.
- Mystery symbols may include wilds, premium symbols, or Gold Shark symbols.
- Gold Shark symbols trigger the Razor Reveal Feature which can award the following prizes:
- Instant Prize symbols of 1x to 5,000x the bet.
- Multiplier symbol – multiply all Instant Prize symbols and Collector symbols in view by x2, x3, x5, or x10.
- Collector symbol – collects the values of all other Instant Prize symbols and removes them from the reels to create empty positions, which can be filled again.
- Converter symbol – this symbol converts random pay symbols into Golden Shark symbols, awarding more prizes.
- Nudge Up symbol – these symbols are only present in the Free Spins feature and nudge the Mystery Stacks up by 1 position.
All in all, you get all the features you know and love from Razor Shark, with some new surprises thrown into the mix.
Free spins bonus
Landing at least 3 Torpedo Scatter symbols (in the base game or during the Razor Reveal feature triggers the free spins round. Depending on the number of scatters, you start the bonus round with an x1, x5 or x25 win multiplier.
When the free spins bonus starts, reels 2 and 4 are filled with Mystery symbols. As long as there are Mystery Symbols on the reels, the bonus continues. Every nudge increases the total multiplier, which does not reset, by +1.
The Gamble Feature can be used to try and upgrade your free spins bonus win. It is risky, though, as you there is a chance you will lose all your free spins.
Razor Returns Bonus Buy
Should your jurisdiction permit it, there are 5 Bonus Buy options.
- 3 Torpedo Free Spins – 106x the stake.
- 4 Torpedo Free Spins – 186x the stake.
- 5 Torpedo Free Spins – 550x the stake.
- Razor Reveal – 500x the stake.
- Random Free Spins – 200x the stake.
What is the max win on Razor Returns?
The max win on Razor Returns is a theoretical 100,000x the bet. This means it is not a capped max win, but the highest one that Push Gaming was able to achieve during billions of test spins.
Your max win probability is 1 in 397 million spins and your odds increase dramatically when the Ante Bet option is active. In that case, the max win probability is 1 in 27 million spins.
CasinoWizard´s verdict: 5 out of 5 stars
We loved the original Razor Shark and can only say that Push Gaming has managed to achieve the near-impossible: to make a perfect slot even better.
A well-deserved maximum score.
Find more high-RTP slots
|RTP:||88.83% | 90.55% | 94.49% | 95.40% | 96.55%|