About Pirate Pays Megaways
Pirate Pays Megaways is another superb Megaways slot with a cool Deal or No Deal twist.
2021 is another excellent year for Megaways adepts as Pirate Pays Megaways is already the 8th BTG Megaways slots in 2021 (including Bonanza Megapays and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire MegaPays).
The gameplay has some pioneering elements and works with a Deal or No Deal feature, where you can accept or deny offers from the bank.
Pirate Pays Megaways RTP
The good news is that, for the moment, Casinos can’t offer different RTP versions of BTG slots.
You’re guaranteed to play with the default RTP (96.23%) in all the casinos.
Having said this, the Wizard will monitor this closely, as it is (more than) possible that BTG will change this policy.
After all, Evolution (the owner of Netent and Red Tiger Gaming acquired BTG in 2020.
Gameplay and features
It’s a Megaways slot with 6 reels and one horizontal lower reel of 4 symbols at the bottom.
- It has up to 117.649 Megaways
- Like with most Megaways slots, the slot uses the Avalanche (Cascading) feature so that you’re awarded a free spin following a win.
- The winning symbols explode and make way for new symbols. BTG calls this a reaction.
- Occasionally, you see a compass on the lower reel. It gets you several wilds if it points in the right direction.
You want to win the Kraken Bonus Round or, better, the Enhanced Bonus Round to get a shot at winning massive.
- To that end, you must spin 3 Scatters (Treasure Chests).
- Once you do, the Deal or No Deal feature comes into play.
- You get 20 options with varying free spins and starting multipliers.
- The options on the left are the least attractive ones, and the options on the right are the most attractive ones.
- When you eliminate options, you aim to eliminate the worst options.
- After each intermediate round (after removing some options), you get an offer from the “bank”, which you can accept or deny.
It’s, all in all, very engaging and compelling. You hope to win one of the better options with as many free spins as possible and a high starting multiplier.
The free spins are similar to most Megaways slots, where you benefit from a progressive (total) multiplier, which increases by +1 after each successive win.
What is the max win on the Pirate Pays Megaways slot?
The maximum win of Pirate Pays Megaways is 32,400x your bet per spin, making it a “Very High variance” slot.
Indeed you need to get a good “deal” with many free spins and a large starting multiplier for you to get a massive win!
The Wizards verdict: 4 out of 5 stars
Thanks to the entertaining gameplay, the slot is one of the better 2021 Megaways slots.
It can easily compete with Beef Lightning Megaways, another ingenious slot.
Graphically, the slot doesn’t score top marks. The typical gems and the usual card symbols are tiresome, and Big Time Gaming could have done more with the pirate theme. It confirms (once again) that BTG focuses more on gameplay.
Find more high-RTP slots
|Pirate Pays Megaways
|Big Time Gaming
|Up to 117,649 Megaways