About Monkey: Battle for the Scrolls
Monkey: Battle for the Scrolls is a fantasy-themed Play’n GO slot that transports you to a mystical world that is loosely based on the ancient Chinese novel ‘Journey to the West’. Visually, the game is an absolute feast to the eyes, with sharp mountain drops, pagodas, dreamy, cloudy skies, and mystical stones and scrolls.
From a player’s perspective, there is plenty to be discovered as well, with both the base game and the free spins bonus able to create major wins – up to 10,000 times the stake, albeit with the help of mystery features.
Monkey: Battle for the Scrolls RTP
Monkey: Battle for the Scrolls has been released in five Return to Player configurations: 84.27%, 87.25%, 91.25%, 94.22%, and 96.21%.
What is the best Monkey: Battle for the Scrolls casino?
It makes zero sense to play this slot at any RTP level lower than 96.21%, so we advise you to only play this game in a high-RTP casino. We have searched and found several trustworthy casinos for you, which are listed at the top of this review.
Gameplay and features
Monkey: Battle for the Scrolls is a win-all-ways slot that is played on 5×3 grid, with 243 ways to win.
Betting starts at 0.10 per spin and goes up to 100 per spin. Variance is high, scoring a 7 out of 10 on Play’n GO’s volatility rating.
Other features include:
- Premium symbols are worth between 0.8 to 1.5 times the bet for 5OAK.
- Landing 5 Royals pays 0.3 times the bet.
- Wilds substitute all symbols except scatters.
- 1 to 4 character icons may be revealed on each spin. Each payout is determined before the characters are activated.
- When a demon lands underneath an icon, an extra feature is triggered:
- Monkey King’s Ruyi Bang – creates stacked wilds.
- Pigsy’s Fortune’s Rake – splits symbols, creating more ways to win.
- Sandy’s Wild Waters – adds random wilds to the reels.
- Tripitaka Monk’s Spirit – transforms random symbols into one symbol.
- Landing two or three special bonus symbols awards a Minor or a Major jackpot (can be fixed or progressive)
Free Spins Bonus
Three scattered scrolls on reels 1, 3, and 5 activate the free spins bonus.
Choose one of four options:
- Monkey King – 7 free spins with an x12 multiplier.
- Sandy – 5 free spins with an x19 multiplier.
- Pigsy – 24 free spins with an x7 multiplier.
- Tripitaka – a mystery mix of 3 – 15 free spins with possible multipliers of x5 to x100.
During free spins, your chosen character is persistent above the reels, and their feature is triggered when an open scroll lands underneath it. Any winnings are then multiplied by the chosen free spins multiplier.
Other character icons act just as they do in the base game.
What is the max win on Monkey: Battle for the Scrolls?
You can win up to 10,000x the bet on Monkey: Battle for the Scrolls. Your odds of landing the max win are low, though, as the max win probability is 1 in 111,000,000 spins.
CasinoWizard’s verdict: 3 out of 5 stars
Monkey: Battle for the Scrolls is an enjoyable and well-produced slot, that offers a lot of variety and possible ways to form big wins.
Whether the slot has long-lasting appeal, remains to be seen though, as the whole extra feature schtick can get a bit tedious after a while, especially when all those actions do not lead to any (or very small) winning combinations.
Find more high-RTP slots
Tired of playing slots with subpar payout percentages? Use our search bar to find out within seconds which online casinos offer your favorite online slots in the highest payout setting.
|Title:||Monkey: Battle for the Scrolls|
|RTP:||84.27% | 87.25% | 91.25% | 94.22% | 96.21%|
|Paylines:||243-432 Ways to Win|