About Hugo Legacy
The slot comes with the tagline 30th anniversary, which is a reference to the 30th birthday of the Danish tv cartoon show Hugo.
Before we delve into Hugo Legacy’s many features and intricacies, let’s take a look at the RTP, shall we?
Hugo Legacy RTP
Hugo Legacy has been released in five Return to Player configurations: 84.20%, 87.20%, 91.20%, 94.20%, and 96.20%.
Playing this game in the best possible RTP configuration has a huge impact on your chances of winning. Don’t believe us? Let’s do some simple calculations.
In this example we start off with a €/£/$/100 and a stake of €/£/$/1 per spin, so we can determine per RTP configuration how many spins it will theoretically take before you run out of funds.
|RTP||Number of spins|
These calculations are based on theoretical losses per spin. In practice, due to the slot’s medium variance, results will differ significantly; you will have some and some winning spins. But if you take the variance out of the equation, there are enormous differences between the RTP settings. In fact, playing the highest-RTP version will give you over four times as many spins as when you play the lowest-paying version of Hugo Legacy!
What is the best Hugo Legacy casino?
The best Hugo Legacy casino is a high-RTP casino that offers the slot in the highest setting (96.24%).
CasinoWizard has selected several trustworthy casinos that do precisely that. Just take your pick.
Gameplay and features
Hugo Legacy is a cluster pays slot that is played on a 7×7 grid.
Winning combinations are formed when clusters of 5 or more identical symbols are formed. Bigger clusters pay bigger wins and are worth between 40 to 1,000x the bet for a 20+ sized cluster.
All winning symbols are removed from the grid, creating open spaces for new symbols to fall into.
Betting starts at 0.20 and goes up to 100 per spin.
Other features include:
- Medium variance.
- Winning symbols fill the Telephone Meter to the right of the screen.
- Filling the meter with 15 charges awards a character modifier:
- Hugo – adds 5 to 8 wilds.
- Scylla – destroys all symbols except 1 or 2 symbol types and wilds.
- Don Croco – changes 2 – 5 symbol types into different symbol types.
- Fernando – turns one single symbol type wild.
- Jean Paul – builds a winning cluster.
- Filling the meter with at least 35 charges earns access to the free spins bonus:
- 35 charges award 2 character modifiers.
- 40 charges award 3 character modifiers.
- 45 charges award 4 character modifiers plus 5 wilds collected.
- 50 charges award 5 character modifiers and 30 wilds collected.
- Use the Gamble Feature to upgrade your bonus.
- Wilds are collected during the bonus round and re-distributed once all modifiers have been used.
What is the max win on Hugo Legacy?
The max win on Hugo Legacy is 3,000 times the stake, which is in line with the game’s laid-back atmosphere that is more about entertainment value than chasing big wins.
Your odds of landing the max win are typical for Play’n GO slots: slim to none, clocking in at 1 in 100,000,000 spins.
CasinoWizard’s verdict: 3 out of 5 stars
While we understand Hugo Legacy’s drawn-out gameplay with a seemingly neverending array of features and over-cheerful characters might not please everyone, we liked this slot a lot.
A lot is happening all of the time and it never becomes quite clear which feature offers the most potential in any given scenario, but who cares? It’s Hugo.
An extra dimension to the game comes in the form of the Gamble Feature, which may be utilized to win bonus features with extra potential.
Find more high-RTP slots
|RTP:||84.20% | 87.20% | 91.20% | 94.20% | 96.20%|