About Derby Wheel
Derby Wheel is an online slot that revolves around horse racing.
There are surprisingly few slot machines that incorporate horse racing in the gameplay.
Frankie Dettori Sporting Legends from Playtech and Scudamore’s Super Stakes from Netent spring into CasinoWizard’s mind, but that is about all.
Play’n GO has also decided to try its luck by producing a game that combines old-fashioned slot play with horse racing and some Big Wheel action.
Is it any good?
Well, yes and no.
But before we discuss the gameplay, bonus features, max win, and CasinoWizard’s thoughts, we have some serious business to attend to.
The theoretical Return to Player.
Derby Wheel RTP
Just as we expect from Play’n GO, there are five Return To Player (RTP) configurations of Derby Wheel.
Depending on where you play this slot, the RTP can be 84%, 87%, 91%, 94%, or 96.20%.
It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that you are doing yourself a great disservice if you play this slot at a lower-than-optimum payback percentage.
The difference between the lowest- and the highest-paying version of Derby Wheel is enormous: over 12%.
Why should you give away any bigger house edge to the casinos than needed?
What is the best Derby Wheel casino?
At CasinoWizard, you will find licensed and trusted online casinos that offer the best RTP version of Derby Wheel.
Take your pick from any of the trusted online casinos on this page.
Gameplay and features
Derby Wheel is a high variance slot (7 out of 10) played on a 3 x 3 reel 3D setup, with 5 fixed paylines.
Bets start from $/€0.05 and go up to $/€100 per spin.
Gameplay in the base game gets old quickly, despite the cool graphics and the cheering crowds in the background.
Once you spin three scatters, the game kicks it up a notch and becomes interesting, after all.
Bonus Features explained:
- Three scatters award a spin on the big Wheel.
- You can win two features. The first is a new spin on the bonus wheel where you win multipliers or access to the horse race.
- The most sought-after feature is the Horse Race:
- Four horses race against each other at the track, and it’s up to you to decide how you want to bet.
- No Bet (guaranteed payout): Pick no horse and win up to 50x the bet.
- Win (low risk): Pick the one winning horse and win up to 800x the bet.
- Exacta (medium risk): Pick the 1st and 2nd horse in exact order to win up to 1,800x the stake.
- Trifecta (high risk): Pick the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd horse in the precise order and win up to 2,800x the bet.
What is the maximum win on Derby Wheel?
The maximum win on Derby Wheel is 2,240x the bet.
You will need balls of steel to get there, as you need to predict the correct trifecta (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place) to have a shot at the max win.
According to Play’n GO, the odds of getting the max win are less than 1 in 10 million spins.
CasinoWizard’s verdict: 3 out of 5 stars
Derby Wheel is a strange little game.
The base game is non-descript and void of any special features or enticing gameplay.
Things do change for the good once you win the bonus feature and get in the middle of the action of a high-speed horse race.
Anyone who has ever been to the race track knows precisely how exhilarating horse racing can be.
Find more high-RTP slots
|RTP:||84% | 87% | 91% | 94% | 96.20%|
|Max. win:||2,240x the bet|