About Big Bad Wolf Pigs of Steel
Big Bad Wolf was Quickspin’s first major success and has since its release in 2010 seen multiple new incarnations, including Big Bad Wolf Megaways, Big Bad Wolf Christmas, and a live game show called Big Bad Wolf Live.
These resilient piggies still have plenty of life in them and the wolf is huffing and puffing as never before: Big Bad Wolf Pigs of Steel is the next installment of the popular franchise.
The game stays true to the original Big Bad Wolf, with some cool added features such as a Bonus Buy option, increased variance and max win, and sticky wilds. It’s all the familiar gameplay we know and love, but injected with some high-octane, powerful math models.
Big Bad Wolf Pigs of Steel RTP
Quickspin has released four RTP configurations of Big Bad Wolf Pigs of Steel, coming in at 87.15%, 92.07%, 94.19%, and 96.14%.
Playing this slot in the highest RTP setting is crucial when trying to beat the casino, and gives players more chances of winning big.
Now, most casinos and game providers would like us to believe that a 2% (or higher) RTP decrease doesn’t make a big impact, but we know better.
To illustrate the effect of a lower RTP on your chances of winning, we have made some calculations. In the following table, we show how many spins you will theoretically get to play before your money runs out, based on a starting balance of €/£/$/100 and a stake of €/£/$/1 per spin.
|RTP||Number of spins|
As you can see, playing the 96.14% version gets you 861 more spins than the 94.19% version and lower RTP percentages perform even worse.
What is the best Big Bad Wolf Pigs of Steel casino?
To get the biggest value for money, you should only play Big Bad Wolf Pigs of Steel in a high-RTP casino that offers this slot in the best possible payout setting.
We have selected several trustworthy casinos for you that offer the high-RTP version of Big Bad Wolf Pigs of Steel.
Gameplay and features
High time to get those little piggies rolling, all set in their quaint straw house, in even quainter surroundings.
The game is played on 5 x 3 grid, with 25 fixed paylines. Betting starts at 0.20 per spin and goes up to 100 per spin.
Tumbling reels remove winning combinations, allowing for new symbols to drop. A winning sequence of two tumbles turns one of the piggies wild, with a maximum of three wild pigs.
Other features include:
- High variance (5/5).
- Premium symbols are worth between 15 to 25 times the bet for 5OAK.
- Pigs of Steel: Pig symbols receive protection when tumbles create wins. After 3 piggy symbols have been removed, level 1 protection is achieved, and removing 6 piggy symbols achieves protection level 2.
- Landing 3, 4, or 5 scatters triggers 10 free spins in the Bonus Game, Super Bonus Game, or Ultra Bonus Game.
- Depending on the bonus game, you start with a x1, x2 or x3 multiplier.
- Collect Moon Symbols for extra multipliers and more free games.
- In the Bonus Game, the Pigs of Steel and Piggy Wild meters reset between spins.
- In the Super Bonus Game, the Pigs of Steel meter does not reset between spins, but the Piggy Wild meter does.
- In the Ultra Bonus Game, both the Pigs of Steel and Piggy Wild meters do not reset, creating huge potential for big wins.
Jurisdiction permitting, you can buy direct access to the bonus rounds:
- 60 times the bet to buy 3+ scatter symbols.
- 240x the bet to buy 4+ scatter symbols.
What is the max win on Big Bad Wolf Pigs of Steel?
You can win up to 18,000 times the bet on Big Bad Wolf Pigs of Steel.
Quickspin has not released any data regarding the max win probability.
CasinoWizard’s verdict: 4 out of 5 stars
Big Bad Wolf Pigs of Steel is a superb addition to the beloved Big Bad Wolf franchise.
Recreational players will feel right at home playing the original, but players looking for bigger wins and higher levels of excitement can’t go wrong with this version.
It’s still as cute and well-produced as ever but has gotten a major kick up the backside regarding potential and variance.
Two thumbs up to Quickspin!
Find more high-RTP slots
|Title:||Big Bad Wolf Pigs of Steel|
|RTP:||87.15% | 92.07% | 94.19% | 96.14%|